Wednesday, March 21, 2012

She's My Kinda Rain Layout

This week at Cooking With Cricut the challenge is to use your favorite Spring song as inspiration. For my project I choose to do a layout of Harmony. I picked the song "She's My Kind of Rain - Tim McGraw"


Now I know what you're thinking... is that a Spring song? Well most probably wouldn't think so.. but when I think of Spring I think of rain. Then I decided on "She's My Kind of Rain" after going through hundreds of songs that popped into my head.. I tried to think Springy but just kept going back to rain. After looking at all the different songs I thought of this because it worked perfectly with what I wanted to scrapbook... Harmony Rain. And since this song has no actual meaning and is meant to be taken however you want it I take it to say She's My Kind of Rain.. which Harmony definitely is.. I couldn't think of a better way to put it :D.

Anyway... sorry about that long long ramble.. but I had to get it out here lol. So I made my layout using Country Carnival Imagine Art cartridge. I choose different patterns for the letters than what they had to make them all match in each word to help it stand out better.. I cut each letter at 1.5 inches except "RAIN" which was cut at 2inches to help it stand out a bit. The roses in the corners of the pics are also from Country Carnival and adhered with pop dots.. and the journaling tag is also from Country Carnival. I also added a ribbon across the bottom of the pics. The background paper I've had for a LOOOOONG time... like 5 years or so.

I hope you'll all come on over to Cooking With Cricut and check out all of the inspiration from my fellow design team and join in the fun with your own Spring song inspired project using a Cricut cut!

I am entering this layout into the following challenge:

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. I love your little background on why you picked the song, Jamie! It is a cute lay out with one adorable baby!! :)

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the layout and your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really pretty! I love the background paper. What a great layout to showcase your little princess. :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Jamie, you're right--it IS perfect for your precious Harmony Rain! I love it and you didn't ramble...I really like to know detailed info when blogging, the stories are part of the enjoyment of sharing our creations and I could never get tired of hearing stories and seeing pics of your little darlings! Your layout is totally awesome! I love that it's more sophisticated in design, not so much "girlie" and "frilly" or even "baby" like--I'd prob never think to make a layout for baby such as this, but you are most inspiring my friend, and I think I'll give it a try for my niece's scrapbook this year! :) TFS your fabulous CWC creation today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous layout! Love the colors and the way your layout highlights that beautiful baby! Great job. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her name!! And what a perfect lay out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout of your little cutie Harmony. Love the title! So glad to be on the CWC DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet sweet little one Harmony is. You are right about the song and its meaning. The LO is so pretty and it did the song right!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pics and Super cute layout! I'd love for you to join my link party!

    http://jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/sundays-are-lovely-7.html

    smiles,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and heartfelt layout you have made. And you picked a great song as well. You totally represented it in the perfect way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is such a cutie and what a great LO to frame her beautiful face with. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Beautiful layout and perfect song! So glad you joined us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!