Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room Theme Day Thursday - Halloween invites



The My Cricut Craft Room Theme Day Thursday's theme was to make invites or party decor for a Halloween party. I made a set of invites. Also, we're now pink if you didn't already know... that means to support breast cancer awareness we're all making projects that have pink somewhere on them.


I used Create A Critter 2 to make my invites. I cut the little skull that's part of the pirate hat of the ghost. I cut it at about 2 inches or so (i used my gypsy so i'm not 100 % on the size).


I cut card bases out of black and they're smaller 4 x 3 (or so when folded) and 4x6 when unfolded. On the black cards I held the skull on the card and inked onto the card with light pink ink (it turned out more on the white side though). And I did the same for the pink but used black ink. the pink is cut at about 3.5 x 2.5 and then placed on the black base. I used a clear stamp from a Recollections party set to stamp "you're invited!" on the cards. I placed it down the side of the black card and along the bottom of the pink.

To view all the other DT's Halloween party projects please go visit My Cricut Craft Room and check em out.

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. These invites are fantastic Jamie!I love the shadow effect. Super job. TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are crazy cute!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your invites, great how you made shadows and honored Breast canser awareness with the pink.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s I realized I spelled cancer wron..oops

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute love the colors!

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink and black!! Great invites.
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!