Saturday, May 5, 2012

Owl card set


Today I have a set of cards to share. They are mini sized 2.5x3.5 and to make these cards I used mainly recycled items.

I cut the owls out using Gypsy Wanderings and my Expression and Gypsy. Each owl is the same size and 2 are cut on news print, 2 dark blue, 2 medium blue (one with white shadow, one with light blue shadow on each).

All of the cards have a stamp from My Pink Stamper's Tweetie Hoo Puns. And most have pop dots under the owls.

The blues and whites are all from a bag that I got at Bath and Body Works (except the card bases), and the print is from a news paper.

This card has blue bakers twine, one has blue irock gems.

This one has some pink bakers twine hearts.

(made by putting a layer of ATG tape one card stock and then lining it with the twine and cutting out the hearts by hand)

This card has some light blue ribbon/fibers on the bottom.

This one has blue bakers twine.


This one has blue glimmer mist.

I made this set to be kind of a mix and match set.. I plan to give it as a gift to someone.. I'm thinking my MIL.

I am entering this set into the following challenges:

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC job with all of your great cards!They all look AMAZING,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Love the newspaper look, great idea too! Thanks for linking up with FCCB- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly I love these owl cards!!! And he is on Gypsy Wanderings? I guess I should figure out how to use my Gypsy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes June gypsy wanderings I've had my gypsy since before Christmas but didn't try to use it til Christmas but it had a defect so I had to send it in and didn't get it back for about 1.5 months so I just started using mine about 3 weeks ago or so and I love it it's so easy to use and I honestly don't know how I ever used my cricut without it

      Delete
  4. These are ADORABLE! I love the use of the paper. It is so stinkin cute! FABULOUS! I may steal it ;) Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge fun at Getting Cricky!

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful cards! You are so creative with the paper and images! Terrific work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute. I love the gypsy wandering cart it contains some nice gems. Thanks for joining us for the challenge at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing set of cards - and so clever for you to use a bag and newspapers. I never would have guessed!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    And congratulations again on winning the My Craft Spot stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these cards are all too cute. I love all the embellishments and papers you have used, looks fantastic.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge up asap :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!