Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room WYEGW - disney anniversary card


Today is My Cricut Craft Room WYEGW! Ever thought to use your markers or gel pens instead of blade with your Cricut? Let me tell you it's so much easier when you have a detailed cut similar to this Disney cut... I mean we all know how tiring it is to find all the lil piece and stick them down without losing them. 

This is a card I made using my blue Cricut Marker and Disney Princesses Happily Ever After. This was also the very first time I'd tried this and it turned out great! I put blue card stock into the cricut like normal and cut with the marker then I cut out the piece with a paper trimmer how I wanted it to look. I layered it on top of orange card stock I embossed with my Cuttlebug and divine swirls folder. I inked the orange with orange ink to help it stand out. I punched some holes thru the bottom of the white card and threaded a sheer blue ribbon through. Once it was all adhered together I added blue stickles to cinderella's dress, gloves, necklace, and headband... and orange stickles to prince charming's shoes, belt, fringy shoulder thingys (LOL), and hair. I also added 3 dots of stickles opposite order around the edges of the blue card stock.


The inside was this which is the scroll map from Life's A Party. I inked the edges and the cut marks with brown to make it look a lil aged and so you could see the lines. I added a lil heart with arrows at the bottom with a zig marker.


I gave this card to my husband for our 4th anniversary. Our wedding colors were orange and blue... orange his fav color (why the prince's glitter is orange), and blue my fav color (why cinderella's is blue glitter). And of course he proposed at Disneyland in front of the castle, and we went to Disney World for part of our Honeymoon so I had to do a disney card.. especially since our wedding invites were Cinderella themed. :) I love me some Disney... did I tell you guys he bought us tickets a couple weeks ago to take me and the girls as well as 3 of my cousins to Disneyland this December?!!!! I can't believe it, I've been wanting to see Disneyland in the Christmas lights for forever!! :) he's the best. And he's taking my lil girl cousins (not so lil at 14, 16 & 17) with us and pretty much paying for the whole thing he's so generous! They're all really excited because they never expected to go let alone for him to take them now.

To check out all the other DT projects today please go to My Cricut Craft Room.

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Jamie this is fabulous! I love how meaningful this card is. Congrats on your first try with the markers, you did great! Hugs~ Mary m
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie I love your card!! You did an amazing job on it!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jaime, I love the stickles!! Love the story too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!