Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fluttering by card

I just finished up this cute butterfly card. I cut the butterfly from Best of 2008 Cricut cart but this cut is also found on the Home Accents cart. I just cut the base out of purple textured card stock. 


I outlined the wings with orchid twine from the twinery and used Caribbean for the body. I also added two dots of orcid to the wings and 4 dots of caribbean to the wings as well as a caribbean swirl to show that the butterfly was flying. 


The butterfly is on pop dots and the twine is all adhered with Zig glue (I used a fine tip pen).


The pink dot paper is from DCWV Nursery Baby Girl stack. The blue cloud paper is from Recollections and I cut the banner shape by hand and inked the edges in blue. I added the sentiment  stamped in black, love the stamps but never use them. The card base is white card stock from recollections.


Hope you found this as cute as I did :).

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!


16 comments:

  1. Aww, very pretty card! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, love the way you used the twine! Very creative:)
    Thanks so much for joining is at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful I just love what you did with the twine
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card. Your butterfly is amazing and I love the clever way you have used the twine !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that dotted butterfly! Thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one wonderful card. The butterfly is lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet butterfly! Very cute! Thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I love how you added the twine, what a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cool, love how you used the Twine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun take on polka dots!
    Thanks for joining in on The Twinery's polka dot challenge!

    - Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card!! I so love how you used the twine! Really makes your butterfly stand out. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute card, luv the use of twine...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! I love the way you used twine!! What a clever idea - and it looks fantastic!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! Love your butterfly and the twine is beautiful on there!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!